Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bloomin' Tueday





Yesterday, we went to our favorite State Park to see how much damage was done my the Missouri River flooding.  I will show comparison photos another time.  There was only one 'non wildflower' that was blooming.

This beautiful Hibiscus in the center of a planter full of Mums that hadn't bloomed yet ~


There were many wildflowers that were still going strong, in spite of the flooding ~






And this lonely soldier standing all by it's self on the side of the Cave ~


There were still a lot of butterflies feeding on the flowers.  I was surprised at how much bigger the Monarchs were than the ones I have in my yard.









This butterfly was enjoying the abundant flood waters still in the park.  We thought it was an interesting one, because it was so long legged and so pretty - being yellow on the underside with the colors reversed on the top.




Thanks again to  Jean  for hostessing Bloomin' Tuesday.  Click on the link and visit some other gardens from other parts of the country.  

6 comments:

  1. Seeing your butterfly pictures made me realize I haven't seen them in the past few days. Cold weather must have sent them on their merry way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous butterfly shots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wild flower shots! They are just as beautiful as the nursery blooms. Awesome butterfly pictures! Perfect! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely visit you must have had. I admire your butterfly shots. I can never get close enough to get a real good look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautious, my dear...LOVE your pictures. You could be MY father's daughter...teehee...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by and being my new "follower!" It's nice you're nearby. I will look forward to your post on the outcome of the Missouri River flooding. Meanwhile, this was a beautiful post. :-) Your Iowa Neighbor, SG

    ReplyDelete