Thursday, December 20, 2012

What a difference a day makes!

Last Summer, I visited a garden of a school friend and posted many pictures here.  With a Winter storm predicted, I wanted to visit Cathy's yard again, along with my Mom, to see how her yard looked after all the plants had gone to sleep for the season.  What a pleasant surprise!!  Greenery and white lights have replaced the hostas and flowers.  Her fairy gardens now have gnomes and snowmen.



Carolers greet guests on the front porch





Some of the bird baths/fairy gardens have been switched out with greenery and statues



The pond and some of the bird baths still held water and seed was scattered about for our furry and feathered friends




Planters that once held annuals now have greenery in them









The fairy gardens are just as cute now as they were last Summer








The back door entrance is just as inviting as the front








I need to go by some evening so I can see the lights at night

. . .    . . .    . . .    . . .    . . .    . . .    . . .   

And the next day, the snow came. . . along with ice and wind 

These are pictures of my 'buried in snow' back yard



My two goose statues were buried up to their heads . . . at least they aren't completely buried like my turtle, bunny, and birds



The bird bath on the deck looks like an infinity pool


Everything was plastered in ice (including my husbands truck) thanks to the rain that proceeded the snow and blizzard strength winds




After the sun came out, everything was glistening from the ice





We even had enough sun to charge the solar lid on my canning jar


I hope everyone is safe and warm.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a wonderful time with your family!!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy,
    I hope things have been going well for you. I am so ready for spring to get here! Your place sure looks pretty in snow, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring is just a couple of blocks away..

    ReplyDelete